Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kolfe Orphanage, Addis Ababa

Tom Davis' most recent blog post is about Kolfe Orphanage in Addis Ababa, home to about 130 boys .  Many families adopting through Gladney visit orphanages while in Ethiopia and I have heard this particular orphanage mentioned several times.  However, I had no idea the extent of poverty that these young men experience daily.  Please read more about Kolfe and their immediate needs on Tom's blog.

In addition, I found this video with a few more pictures of Kolfe.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for posting about Kolfe!

Susan Isaacs said...

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind words.I love Lori's ET adoptive parent friends. That is SO COOL you are adopting, you have such a great community through the blog world. I met some of them when they came for the blogging union this summer. Abe Rooney is my house mate when they come down to LA, and he is a PEACH. I'm excited for you and will follow your journey. Thanks again for stopping by. Susan