Saturday, October 11, 2008

Adoption Video and a Loving Mother



This is one of the first adoption videos I found last summer when Dustin and I were in the decision process.  It is a video of the McConnell family adopting three boys, two are brothers and then another unrelated boy.  Tears flow every time I watch it...  the boy's mother in Ethiopia, her smiles for her sons and then when one of them looks up at her, as if to ask, "Is this o.k.?"... I lose it.  I really cannot imagine what it would be like to sit with your mother and look at a picture album of your new family.  If you have a chance to watch it, you'll know what I am talking about.

1 comment:

Shala said...

Dustin & Nikki,

How are things going for you? How's the adoption process coming? I'm back in Haiti - came down for a week about 3 weeks ago, but some crises arose and they needed additional help for about a month, so my pastor sent me back to help. Loving it. Heading up the girls orphanage at www.danitaschildren.org for the time being until some of the regular missionaries return. Hope to see you again at the Queen of Sheba when I return.

Blessings,
Shala