Saturday, October 25, 2008

Red Letters

Dustin and I recently read Red Letters by Tom Davis. Powerful book. One of the quotes that I underlined in the book is from an eighteenth-century English philosopher named Edmund Burke. He said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and women) to do nothing."  I hope to read his book Fields of the Fatherless next.  (My current read is The Connected Child.)

Amy Bottomly's recent post gives information about the opportunity to sponsor kids in Ethiopia through Tom Davis' organization Children's Hope Chest.  Tom recently returned from a trip to Ethiopia where they were assessing orphanages to see where they can come alongside and support the orphanages and the orphans individually.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Red Letters is an amazing book! I read it a couple of months ago, but think I could probably read it once a month. It really challenged some of my thinking. Great book!

Lori S said...

Thanks for the post on my blog. I look forward to visiting yours more often and following your journey.
Red Letters sounds like a good book. I think I might have to order that one.