Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted

The kids' classes held mock elections this week.  Sage wore a VOTE NOW t-shirt to school today that we bought at Old Navy for $1.  During our morning carpool, all kids were voicing their opinion on how today's election would end.  Madison said is was not fair that kids didn't get to vote.  I assured her that she will be 18 soon enough!  Everywhere I went today, conversations were buzzing with anticipation of the vote.  I like that word... vote.  

And as our kids headed off to bed, we told them how we will support, honor, uphold, respect and pray for our new president-elect.  Our vote did not result in a win for our candidate, but nonetheless, we still exercised our right to vote.   And that is a precious thing.  I hope our kids always know what a honor and privilege we have as U.S. citizens to be a part of the democratic process.  We are so thankful to have been born in a country where we choose our leaders.  We are so thankful to live in the United States of America.

2 comments:

Lori S said...

I voted too! It was a big year for us--my daughter was able to vote for the first time! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nikki,

I got the note you left on my blog and wanted to say hello back. It does look like we are at similar places in our adoption journies and you are correct, we are hoping to adopt two children. It's nice to connect with someone else who is at the same stage. I have met several families in our area but they are all way ahead of us and either have their children home already or will be getting their referals any day now.

So where exactly are you in the process? We are still waiting for our home study to be finalized (it's taking forever!). Everything else was completed and sent off for authentication several weeks ago so we are hoping and praying that she get's our report done SOON!

Also, what age and gender siblings are you requesting? We have asked for an infant 0-12 mos plus a sibling up to 36 mos of either gender.

Thanks for reaching out and I hope to hear from you again :-)

Heidi