Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankfulness Tag

Joy tagged me with five reasons to be thankful.  So, here goes:

1.  My sweet husband who not only tolerates my many emotions, but loves me regardless.  We make a pretty cool team and I am so thankful he asked me to marry him on a summer evening in 1991.

2.  My great kids!  Madison and Sage show me everyday what God's unconditional love looks like.  Having them makes me want to be better tomorrow than I am today, each day.

3.  My family.  Each person in my family has helped shape me and mold me at some point along the way.  I am so very thankful that God placed me into the family that He did, for each person that makes up the very colorful and wonderful family that I am a part of.

4.  My friends.  One in particular.  How she saw something in me when there wasn't much to see.  How she always encourages me and mentors me and exemplifies a truly godly woman, wife and mother.  She always brings out the best in me.  She is a mom to five outstanding kids that radiate God's love in so many ways and places.  I thank God for friendships.

5.  Hope.  I am so thankful for hope.  I am so thankful for the hope that Jesus placed into my heart that someday I get to worship him face to face in spirit and in truth.  I am so thankful for the hope that this life, with all of its joy and sorrow, isn't as good as it gets.  The best is yet to come.

6.  The part of our family that lives in Ethiopia right now.  I thank God for the child/children God has planned for our family.

I am tagging:


Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello Beka, I just went thru my spam mail & saw your email. Thanks! I look forward to watching as we travel thru this process together ;). Love, J (http://web.mac.com/lgutwein)

Jodi Queenan Artist copyright 2011 said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog. We're excited to be a part of the blogging world.

beBOLDjen said...

HI there! Thanks so much for stopping my our blog to congratulate us!

I look forward to exploring your blog......