Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy 81st Birthday Boppa!

Niece, me, Boppa, Sister, Cousin and her Daughter

Happy September!  Where in the world did August go?  

We celebrated my Boppa's 81st birthday on Friday.  I am the oldest grand kid on my mom's side of the family and had the special first privilege of mispronouncing names as a toddler.  Somehow grandpa or papa wound up as Boppa and he's carried the name proudly ever since.  As a 30-something I still introduce my grandpa to everyone as Boppa.

My cousin was home from Virginia along with my sister and me.  We took Boppa to lunch while Nana was gone for the afternoon working as a docent at a local historical home.  A special note about Boppa is that he is recovering from a quadruple bypass surgery he had on 7/29/08.  Doesn't he look amazing?!

Nana, Boppa, Niece, Mom, Sister

Later that same evening my sister and I made dinner for my grandparents and my mom.  It was nice and the evening ended way too soon and it was time to head home.  On my way out of town I stopped and got gas and this thing was in the parking lot:

It is called a tornado intercept vehicle.  Ugh!  Just what I wanted to see when I was preparing to get on the highway for an hour's drive home.

No comments: