Saturday, September 20, 2008

Injera and Congratulations!


Beef, chicken, lamb, salad, green beans, chick peas, lentils and potatoes!

Injera

My sister, brother-in-law, niece and I went to the Queen of Sheba Restaurant again last night.  It was fun and we all enjoyed the family style sampler meal.  My sweet sister is quite the cook and is now anxious to try her hand at making injera.  Anyone have any suggestions or success stories?  I hear it is quite a process to make.  Because you use pieces of the injera to scoop up your food it is a utensil, bread and plate all at the same time.  You might notice the large piece of injera under the food on the sampler tray.

Congratulations to Grace on meeting her sweet Anna for the first time!  Read about her first day in Ethiopia here.

5 comments:

Amy C said...

Hi Nikki, I'm excited I found you're blog! It's really cute. We're also adopting from Ethiopia through Gladney. We're going to the Ethipian dinner on the 30th. Will you be there?

Sarah Tucker said...

Ok that food looks yummy!! SO excited for you guys too with getting approved!! How fun! We will also be at the dinner on the 30th! sounds like it's going to be a great time.

Nitro Krycerin said...

I have not had success with making injera using any of the easy(!) injera recipes I've found.

Here are detailed instructions that I have NOT tried, because of the time involved.

http://burakaeyae.blogspot.com/2007/02/step-by-step-injera-instructions-real.html

Good luck!

Nitro Krycerin said...

Madison, I do look at all the blogs of people who comment. I wanna see who's sending us love! I love the new look of your family's blog. I'm glad you enjoy reading ours! Can't wait to see your new sibling... I'll bet you can't either. :)

Chris Gardner

Nikki said...

Looks delicious. Alex and I are going to go into Toronto before we leave for Ethiopia in feb. to try some Ethiopian food!

Nikki
http://ethiopia2009-adana.blogspot.com/