Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pictures in Reverse Order

I loaded a few random photos from the last week. Then I realized blogger loaded them in reverse order and I am way too tired to fix it. (Those of you who know me best, know that this would drive me crazy, but hey, I'm learning to be flexible!)

The kids have been begging to go swimming since we were in ET. They saw the pool at the Hilton one afternoon when we were exchanging currency. We told them we would go swimming in America and they didn't let us forget it! Today's trip to the pool was our first venture out of the house and I was a little unsure any/all kids would have a meltdown in public. Sure enough, while getting into the car after leaving the pool, one kiddo had a full fledged screaming fit over a seat belt.



Our first night home. We had way too many toys available for the kids and they were overloaded. I think they fell asleep watching a Cinderella movie. (Again, much flexibility required on my part... I hate messes like this in the house! I think I'm beginning to sound a little OCD.)


Exhausted girls in the Denver airport.


An everyday sight on the streets of Addis.



A beautiful outdoor lunch at Addis Rodeo, a restaurant near our guest house.




Saying goodbye at the foster care centers. The care givers are really amazing. As painful as it was to watch them say goodbye, we loved seeing how much love was shared between our kids and those who took such good care of them in the Gladney houses.




A picture taken on a little balcony of one of the Gladney houses.



Sweet smiles at the guest house.



Waiting to meet our kids! Everyone was asleep but me.

12 comments:

Adoption Cubed said...

Such great pictures! And welcome home!!!

Rebecca

veggiemom said...

Great pics!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome pics. We are so glad that you are home.

Robin said...

absolutely beautiful pix Nikki!!!

Tanya said...

Love the pics of life AFTER gotcha day! So neat to see you all together and in your home! Blessings!

Jocelyn said...

Wonderful to see you together at last!!! Beautiful!

Sara said...

Wow! What a journey! Thank you for your comment that you might have seen our little guy! It made my day!

Blog Shmog said...

fun pictures nikki! you have such a beautiful family!

Eastiopians said...

Great pics! I love seeing you all together. Good advice about lessening the toys prior to bringing our child home...I so appreciate those kind of tips. Thank you for sharing your journey! What a precious family you have.

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Praising Him for your new family members. Have been praying for the adjustment for all.

SSU said...

Thanks for the pics, Nikki! So brave of you to take the kids swimming today. Praying for flexibility, freedom from sudo-OCD and rest for all of you.

We love you guys!

The Cord Urtons

Amy said...

Love the pictures Nikki.. :) Praying for the sweet Snow family and this time of adjustment! :) Much love to you all!