Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sadness and a Haircut

Our two big kids were getting ready for bed while I ended a book and prayed with our three little ones. Up until today, the kids prayed in Amharic. They would pray and say, "Amen." several times during their prayers. They laughed at me the first time when one said, "Amen," and then I thought it was my turn and started praying. They tried to tell me they pray a little, then say amen, pray a little more, say amen, etc. They got a good chuckle over me!

Well, tonight... the kids all prayed in English and it made me sad. I almost wanted to stop them and ask them to pray in Amharic because it sounds so beautiful and sweet. Not that their prayers tonight weren't pure and childlike, it's just change. One that I wasn't quite ready for, but one that is inevitable. It made me sad.

On a lighter note, I took Hailab Turner to get a haircut this afternoon before school starts this week. I went to the barber shop and told the very kind Korean woman to cut it short. I didn't think a thing about it. Until I looked up from my magazine! Turner was a millimeter from being bald. I am very thankful he didn't see the shocked look on my face! We got in the car and Turner said, "Me no like haircut," and then grinned. He was teasing me, and yes, he did like his haircut!

Ending the fourth day in a row without a tantrum! Thanking God for the work He is doing in all of our hearts!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for day 5!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

You can't post a haircut post without a picture Nikki! ;) Gotta see his new do.

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like you are all doing so well!! I can't wait to meet those sweet kiddos of yours.

Eastiopians said...

Yes, pics are required. Especially when you have such incredibly cute kiddos. :) I am sad for you too about the prayers changing from Amharic to English. It's a beautiful and a sad thing all wrapped into one.