Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Week in Pictures

Less than two weeks until our May 20th court date!

Here's a little of life at our house recently. In no particular order:

New window treatment's for the girls' room! My mom and grandmother made them and we love them! They really help to put the finishing touches on the room.


Madison recently got out all of her American Girl stuff. She set up the doll bed, washed and ironed the doll bed sheets and organized all of her outfits and accessories to share with her new sisters. We ordered new AG dolls for Y and M. We hope they like them!



Now all we need are two sweet little girls to make the room complete!


For a last little trip as a family of four, we went to the Gladney Skittle Event at Six Flags last weekend. Sage has always wanted to try lobster and he got his chance during lunch at one of our favorite restaurants Papadeaux's.




We enjoyed a Texas Rangers vs. Chicago White Sox game during the weekend. We arrived at the field early to watch batting practice. (That's why the stadium seats are empty!)




Cole, Riley, Evyn, Madison, Anaka and Sage



We spent the evening at Six Flags with cousins and new friends. We loved that there were no waiting lines for the rides. The kids thought it was pretty cool to get to ride over and over without getting out of their seat.




Sage, Madison, Marta and Yordee



The highlight of our evening at Six Flags was meeting Ryan and Abby Brown, their daughter Marta and Ryan's sister Yordee. Ryan has sent the updates on our kids and Marta helped to translate our letters to the kids in Ethiopia. We were able to ask questions about our kids as well as hear Ryan and Abby's stories of God working in their lives. Truly a blessing.




Dustin grew up riding motorcycles and has always talked of buying a dirt bike ever since we were married. His 40th birthday is coming up and he purchased his birthday gift for himself... a 2006 Suzuki RM250. The bike was previously owned by Cody Elkins, a professional FMX rider.



This picture was taken just before he popped a wheelie. I really don't think I'll be riding his motorcycle again anytime soon. (I was kind and didn't post Dustin's injury pictures. He's had a couple of pretty good crashes along with some very sore ribs. Yes, he always wears a helmet... just not in this photo.)




Our soon to be 10 year old son getting ready for his first peewee baseball game. To say that Sage is passionate about baseball is an understatement.

16 comments:

Amy said...

Fun update! Love the pictures... Great picture with sweet Marta and Yordee... Sounds like you all had such a good time!! The girls' room looks perfect.... really cute and I am sure those two will love it! :) Madison and Sage look adorable as per their usual. :) The dirt bike picture is great..... we need some video of you two riding the dirt bike together. :)

Robin said...

I know..can you believe it! I'm getting so excited!!!

The girls' room looks great! I finally bought the paint for our girls' room yesterday..now I just have to get it done!

So glad you were able to meet Ryan & Abby. We are so disappointed that we didn't get to see them again in Addis!

Jocelyn said...

I love their room!! Those colors are my favorite. I can't wait to hear that you passed!!

Ali said...

Hi there!! I love the room! We were at Skittle too ;) We are in the ABC program waiting to be matched. When do you travel to get your girls?

Blog Shmog said...

Ooo, I love their room! Good job!

And you are very brave to be riding that thing. Dirt bikes freak me out!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Looks like you are READY!!! I love the dolls...so great.

Tell Dustin to get off that bike and get rid of it! He is going to have a head injury and leave you with 5 CHILDREN!!! either that or get really good insurance....

Love you guys!
Kristine

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I love all the pictures and the update!

-Hey Evil Knievel, I agree with Kristine... however, if you don't take her advise PLEASE Be Careful!

-How did Sage like the lobster?

-It's so cool that Y and M have American Girls!!! The cousins can have an AG / EG (Ethiopian Girl) doll party!!!

-We are counting down with you! On our knees!

Anonymous said...

Opps... I forgot to sign my name on my anonymous entry... (Maybe one day I'll figure out how to add my picture and have my name on the entry) I'm sure you figured out that it was your BIG... OLDER... sister that said... "Ditto what Kristine said! and BE MORE CAREFUL!!! By the way...Have you seen those hospital commercials of the guy with the metal apparatus that is screwed into the guys head? BE CAREFUL PLEASE!!!

Happy Mother's Day Nikki!!!
Can you imagine Mother's Day next year??? More hugs, More cards, More hugs and kisses!!!

Shelley

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

Love the girls room!!! So cute. I can't wait to hear about court. I know you are so excited and I am sure a little anxious too. We are praying for your family. I can't wait to see pictures of you guys home with your kiddos.
Quick question...how do you find out about the Gladney events like the one you went to at six flags. We get e-mails from them but not really any that talk about events like that. Just curious because we would love to go sometime. Hope we see you guys again sometime soon!

Rebecca said...

The girls room is really cute - it can only get cuter with their two little selves in it!

Glad you all had fun at Six Flags. I can't wait to go with Eli when he gets a little older. At this point, he doesn't even like it when I put money in the little cars at the mall to make them go. He prefers sitting in it and just pretending :)

Love the dirt bike! Ben used to have one and always talks about getting another one. Fun times!

Ryane said...

Thinking about you guys and praying everything goes well on the 20th. Can't wait to see pictures of your kiddos!

Ryane

Mary said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! It has been fun to "meet" you. The rooms are adorable and your court date is right around the corner. I'll pop back in to check on you. We hope to have confirmed travel dates in a week or so!

Blessings,
Mary

Jena said...

Hi, thank you so much for the encouragement. We will be praying for your court date on Wed. We look forward to hearing some great new, keep us posted. In Christ,
Jena

Robin said...

Thinking about you this week...are you as nervous and excited as I am?????

I still have to paint the girls' room. We are still working furiously on the outside of the house. Painting is next week's project! Running out of time......

Wolfemom said...

Can't wait to see the beds full :) I'll check back to see how court goes!

Anonymous said...

Praying today for paper work, legal stuff, all the people and agencies involved in the "court date" will do their job with excellence!!!

God's timing is perfect... His ways are the BEST.

Shelley