Monday, March 2, 2009

Gladney Update and Corrected Court Date

Gladney sent an update on the kids today:

"Y, M and H are all doing well.  They love attention and run up to visitors.  They are also always excited to have their picture taken.  They love to pose and smile for the camera.  The girls make sure that their brother gets into the picture and is seen.  They are all doing well in school."

We love hearing that the girls look after their brother.  It warms our hearts.

Also, our actual court date is May 20th rather than May 19th.  There was a little mistake in converting the dates from the Ethiopian calendar to ours.

Not sure exactly what this scripture has in common with this post, but I it comes to mind:

"Though the cherry trees don't blossom
and the strawberries don't ripen,
Though the apples are worm-eaten
and the wheat fields stunted,
Though the sheep pens are sheepless
and the cattle barns empty,
I'm singing joyful praise to God.
I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.
Counting on God's Rule to prevail,
I take heart and gain strength.
I run like a deer.
I feel like I'm king of the mountain!
                                                 --Habakkuk 3:17-19 (MSG)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't wait to see their sweet faces! I bet you do love that they take care of their brother. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside reading that too!

Anonymous said...

Since you probably have so much free time to enjoy a good book :), I thought I'd recommend one. It is called The Connected Child. Written by Purvis and Cross. I'm only halfway through it and it has already been so helpful. My husband's niece has been "our gal" since she came to live with us three years ago. She had a very troubled background and this book explains the reasons behind yucky behavior and has helped me respond to her in love instead of frustration. Highly recommend it!
Our library had a copy, maybe yours will too. We continue to pray for you all!

Dawn Davis

Lori S said...

That is so neat that the girls look after their little brother. Faven was very motherly toward Diborah as well. Now she mothers both of her little sisters!
Can't wait until you pass court and they all come home!

Anonymous said...

Praying for ya'll tonight!

I am so excited that the kids like their picture taken!!! We'll see if they like Aunt Shelley, MeMa Jolene, Cousin Austin, etc. taking hundreds of pictures of them... the first hour we see them!!!

Shelley

Jebena said...

Though the courtdate was in error, and the children aren't in your arms at the moment, still you are joyous, still you are content, still you have much to praise the LORD for inspite of it all!

Praying for a successful courtdate for you and your family, not because it is the same as ours, but because the season of togetherness is here!

Nikki said...

That is so exciting!! I just got home from Ethiopia and fell in love witht he country- so beautiful!! Hope the court date goes perfectly!